28e Int. Monoconnection Treffen 2018
    31 aug., 1 sept., 2 sept. 2018 (1e weekend in september!!!)
    Camping De Kluft, Hoogeweg 26, 8376 EM Ossenzijl    Click for more info ;-)

Raining Cats and Dogs The 2017 Rally

What's happening/ Samen met de brommer er op uit.

Moderators: Connection Mods, Forum Onderhoud, Event Mods

Raining Cats and Dogs The 2017 Rally

Postby sjak » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Many, many, many thanks to all the visitors of the Monoconnection Rally 2017.
You are the survivors of torrential rain, 50 mm of H20!
From Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany and even The Netherlands :grin:

Saturday at 12 'o clock after 36 hours of continuous rain, the water stopped falling and the tour started:
Thanks to the Hayabusa Men, they guided us (20p.) trough Drente, Friesland, Groningen and the Jail of Veenhuizen, over 180 km small roads.
Those Guys succeeded to plan the stops just before the two short rain showers took place.

In the evening, after a delicious BBQ, Henk van Bemmel played the guitar until the early hours,a super artist.
sjak
Events Mod

My Motorcycle(s): 2x SRX600;Honda VTR1000F; Yamaha diversion, 1x SRX nog op te bouwen
Km's / year: 10000
Riding Skills: minimal

Re: Raining Cats and Dogs The 2017 Rally

Postby srxpatriate » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 am

Hi guys!

Thanks for putting on another great rally. I can't believe it has been going on for nearly 25 years. Is it just me who got old? Thanks to Sjak and Lambert for getting it all organized (Now when will these 2 start riding proper thumpers to the rally???? God beware Lambert will be in a three wheeler and Sjak will bring that Yamaha that looks more like an aircraft carrier to me :-D ), thanks to Bert, Koos and Marjolein for manning and, eh, womanning, the bar (It must be very confusing, ticking all those boxes on the zuipkaarten, especially with the wide range of drinks on offer. Rivella, anyone? And don't mention the whisky that tasted like it had been dragged backwards through an ashtray 25 times. And NO, Lambert, that whisky is NOT Irish. The tourist board would not allow it. And if it was it would have been used strictly as rodent poison :wink: ) And yes, thanks to the Horsepower house party for doing the ride out. And fair play to them for picking back roads, on main roads we would have been left behind before we had got to the Ossenzijl draw bridge!

There was even more torrential rain on the way back in England on the motorway. It didn't stop until I got to the Welsh border. Still made it across from Hull to Holyhead in less than 4 hours with half an hour to spare to get on to the ferry back to Dublin. Home safe and sound by 7pm on Monday. Result!

Hope to see you all again sometime soon, anywhere!

Until then, stay safe and keep the rubber side down.

Rene
srxpatriate
Beginner

Km's / year: 0
Riding Skills: Regular

Return to Events/Evenementen